Petalscapes Petals of a Flower

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Cake Plateaus - A Personal Story




Meaghan was our first bridal client. Together with Nichola, we designed jewelry for her and her bridesmaids, created floral arrangments, crystal centerpieces, and a custom cake plateau. Recently Meaghan told me about the 'travels of the cake plateau' and the family events it has bestowed. I was so touched because her story embodies all that we've designed the plateau to be, an heirloom, and I asked her to share her story....I was married almost three years ago and as a wedding gift we were given a cake plateau. Since my wedding this cake plateau has been used at birthday parties, Christenings, weddings, and special events for myself or a family member. My brother used the same cake plateau at his wedding to transform his Steelers cake into an elegant setting. Later that same year, I used the cake plateau at two of my baby showers. Once my baby as born, I used it to display his Christening cake, we used it again once my second baby was born for his Christening cake. First birthday parties and thirtieth birthday parties the cake plateau was used. After each event we have it engraved with wood burn writing to indicate the event and the date of the event. This is an unique gift that will be used for holidays and family gatherings for years to come. We were truly blessed to be given the gift of a cake plateau.

No comments:

Post a Comment